Atom Site Feed

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Vacation

After two days of frantic preparations, we are leaving for our annual trek north to Vermont and the Adirondacks. In addition to cancelling the mail and the newspaper and bringing the goldfish to our neighbor's house for safekeeping, this year I also had a long list of errands to do for my mother to make sure she will be absolutely fine in our absence. I think she will be, but still I felt sad and guilty when we said goodbye last night. She yelled, "I love you all" down the stairs of her apartment, as Megan and Luke raced for the street, something my mother doesn't say that often.

And so we set off with a little remorse and a lot of uncertainty. Tom had hoped to hear about a new job before we left. I had hoped to hear about my book. We need the mountains and the time together to ease our anxious waiting. We definitely need this vacation.

This is all a way of saying I won't be blogging in the next ten days. I hope others are getting a summer rest as well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ten days? That's a long time! This is my husband Rob's busy month. So I will be home, and I will miss reading your blog. I enjoy reading your posts and I look forward to reading your book.
Peace

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes with your blog. I've enjoyed reading it and will definitely be coming back for more.

I have a black lingerie Website. It covers the best information available on black lingerie and similar topics.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Imperfect Serenity said...

I guess I've finally reached a wider audience now that people are advertising "security solutions" and black lingerie on my blog. As a writer, my first impulse is against censorship, which is why I didn't immediately delete the lingerie comment. Besides, it came with an anonymous compliment. But this morning I found a security advertisement posted here without so much as a personal, "Hey, here's my blog" greeting. So I've made my first comment delete and will have to think more about the boundaries I want to set. There seems to be a certain amount of self-promotion that's expected in cyberspace, and I confess I've visited other blogs and said, "Hey, come check out mine." However, I've only done that with blogs that seemed like-minded in some way (about Quakerism or motherhood, for example). I would prefer if people did the same here. In other words, commenters should feel free to mention the address of their own blog if it is related in some way to the subjects I address here or if there is some reason to believe that my audience would be particularly interested in their topic (A private e-mail I received this morning suggested that Quaker mothers might be more interested in grey lingerie. Is this a potential discussion topic?) Anyway, comments that I find completely inappropriate may be deleted in the future.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here