Atom Site Feed

Monday, June 09, 2008

Progress

After years of plodding along with my writing, there are suddenly bits of exciting news. My goal had been to complete a draft of my book by the time school got out, and I am happy to report that I did that and mailed it off Saturday! I’m also happy to say that the Pendle Hill Pamphlet I wrote on parenting as a spiritual journey just came out. It’s so new I haven’t actually seen it yet, but people at Pendle Hill say they have, and I found the picture on the web. Anyone who is interested can buy it for $5 from Pendle Hill. (Chestnut Hillers: You can spare the shipping. I plan to bring some to meeting and part of the proceeds to the meeting). So this is all very exciting, right when my writing time is about to dry up for the summer.

The other big news is that the Prius we ordered is supposedly in Newark, NJ, which is certainly closer than Japan. The thing is, we were told we would have it by the end of May, and it has apparently been stuck in New Jersey since then. The one week delay wasn’t that big of a deal last week. It really has been a lovely five weeks to be without a car. I stayed home more and focused on my writing, didn’t do errands during my writing time, and saved gas. It was also perfect timing since play practice was over (which required some driving on my part). We are in baseball season instead, and we can all walk to baseball. Most days, the kids have been taking the school bus, a habit I think I’d like them to continue next year, and on piano lesson days, they learned to transfer on the public bus. So, there have been many good fruits. But here’s the thing: school just got out Friday, I really hurt my foot, and the gorgeous spring days have turned brutally hot--105 with the heat index today. So suddenly I am stuck with two kids in a house with no air conditioning when it’s too hot to walk far, and my foot hurts anyway. The local public pool isn’t open yet, and it would take us two buses and a hot walk to get there. So what seemed like God’s perfect timing is starting to try my patience. It seems like a good time to remember all those other times when I got impatient with God’s timing, and things worked out for the best after all (which is kind of the story with the Pendle Hill pamphlet, now that I think of it).

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin M. said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to read it.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

I can't wait! How exciting! Congratulations!

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here