Atom Site Feed

Friday, September 19, 2008

Links

Everyone is getting so exercised about this election, my inbox has been full of articles, links, and fundraising appeals—and that’s just from my friends, never mind the campaigns and the organizations we support. Here are links to a few things I found thought provoking:

My favorite Republican commentator, New York Times columnist David Brookes writes about “Why Experience Matters” in Tuesday’s opinion piece;

Bob Herbert writes about McCain’s health care plan;

Tim Wise uses the election to illustrate the issue of White Privilege;

and a bunch of doctors question the secrecy surrounding John McCain’s medical records.

On a lighter note, it's not necessarily thought provoking, but I have to throw in the now famous SNL skit.

And then there is this from my friend Signe Wilkinson (copied without permission, but in the faith that she’ll forgive me).

Where is God in all this? Not sure, but I have actually been getting more time recently for prayer and meditation, so I’m not getting as frantic about the ups and downs in the polls as some folks. Generally I feel called to point out issues I think are important and am trying not to get too snide about it (like some folks on both sides).

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Eileen.

I nominated you for a blog award. Details are at my Musings blog.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here