Atom Site Feed

Monday, September 29, 2008

Blog Awards

I’ve been given two blog awards recently, which is very flattering. The first came from Natural Mom a few weeks ago. I enjoy her blog Speaking Life and enjoyed meeting her at the Parenting interest group at FGC Gathering this summer. Thank you, Stephanie!

The Brilliante award comes from Jennifer, who writes Tree of Life Musings, which deals with homeschooling, as well as other family issues. Thank you, Jennifer!

Both awards come with the stipulation that you should nominate some other blogs to spread the love, so here are a few you may or may not have heard of that I often find thought provoking:

My American Melting Pot, by a member of my writer’s group, Lori Tharps, who blogs about multicultural parenting issues; Can You Believe? by FUM Quaker Johan Maurer; What Canst Thou Say? by Robin M, whom I also met this summer at Gathering; and Finding Spirituality by a (I dare to predict) soon-to-be member of our meeting.

As for my own writing, it has not been very inspired the last few days. I am trying to stop reading so many emails and articles about the election and sink into Brent Bill’s Sacred Compass: The Way of Spiritual Discernment to help prepare me for a workshop I’m leading this Saturday on that topic. I’m also trying to walk in the woods more and appreciate the early days of autumn in beautiful Fairmount Park.

4 Comments:

Blogger one raised eyebrow said...

Hi Eileen:

Oh yes, definitely feeling the love now...

thanks for the nominations...and I hope your prediction is correct.

Peace
Abbe

okay, this may be the second post of this response

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Robin M. said...

Thanks!

Robin

10:39 PM  
Blogger Imperfect Serenity said...

I've deleted five comments in the past few days--well actually I've deleted the same rant posted five different times on different posts. I suspect the author is posting the same rant elsewhere, and so I don't feel bad about stifling his/her freedom of speech. All opinions are welcome on this blog, but I would like to keep the tone civil. That doesn't mean that righteous outrage is not allowed; righteous outrage is sometimes appropriate. (In this case, the outrage was directed at the bailout and rich Americans in general.) But the deleting rant included a lot of name-calling, which I don't find very helpful or thought-provoking. If you're still reading "anonymous", you might try addressing your comments to this blog's audience, many of whom are Quakers who believe that there is "that of God in everyone," even if they are not acting out of their best selves. If you are not interested in keeping a civil tone, you might want to start your own blog where you can do whatever you want.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here